2. Limited Use License
You should assume that everything that you read or see on the Site is copyrighted or otherwise protected and owned by us or some third party who licensed to us the right to use such material. We grant you permission to print, use, distribute and upload content from the Site, unless otherwise expressly noted, for non-commercial and educational purposes. No other permission is granted to you. This grant of permission is not a transfer of title, and under this permission you may not: use the materials for any commercial purpose or remove any copyright, or other proprietary notations from the materials.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
We may from time to time monitor, review and, in our sole discretion, modify or delete any postings you make on the Site however, we are not obligated to do so. Whether or not we modify or remove such material, you remain solely responsible for any material you submit to us.
4. Conduct and Responsibility
By using this Site you agree that you will not:
- promote any illegal activity or transmit through the Site any unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, tortuous, or otherwise objectionable content;
- use the Site to defame our service or any of our officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers or partners;
- post a request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
- post a photograph without the permission of each person in the photograph;
- post any content about an identifiable person without that person’s permission;
- transmit any content that might infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others;
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- collect information about others without their consent;
- collect or store personal data about other users of the Site for business purposes;
- reveal personally identifiable information about children;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site, services, computer systems, servers or networks, or violate the regulations or policies of such networks;
- transmit any content containing viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful programs;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Site or services, others’ accounts or computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or otherwise;
- engage in any systematic extraction of data or data fields, including without limitation e-mail addresses;
- provide false information on your registration form, impersonate any person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity or the origin of a message or other communication;
- sell access to or use of any services available on the Site; or
- interfere with anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site. You understand that Dordt College does not conduct criminal background checks or similar screenings of its registered users. Further, Dordt College does not verify statements made by its registered users or events planned or organized through the Site. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other users of the Site, particularly if you decide to meet in person. If you are going to meet another registered user in person, we encourage you to meet in a public location. Dordt College makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of its registered users or any events or programs planned, promoted or organized through the Site.
6. User Registration
7. Trademarks, Trade Names, and Service Marks
Unless otherwise indicated, all logos, names, and marks on the Site (the “Trademarks”) are trademarks or service marks owned or used under license by Dordt College. The use or misuse of any of these marks or other information is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without the express written permission of Dordt College or the applicable third party.
8. Linked Internet Sites
9. Right of Modification and Termination
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Site. Additionally, we may terminate this agreement at any time, without notice to you, if we believe, in our sole discretion, that you have breached or may breach any term or condition of this agreement, or we may terminate this agreement for our convenience. You may terminate this agreement at any time by destroying all materials received from our Site and ceasing to use our Site.
11. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
ALL MATERIAL ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DORDT COLLEGE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR SUITABILITY OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL ON THIS SITE, OR ON ANY SITE OR SITES “LINKED” TO THIS SITE. DORDT COLLEGE DOESN’T MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
12. Jurisdiction and Venue
Any questions may be directed to us: by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Dordt College, Attention: Andreas Center, 498 4th Avenue NE, Sioux Center, Iowa 51250-1606.