On this episode of the podcast, I am joined by returning guest co-host Kayt Frisch, and together we chat with Dr. Ethan Brue about his new co-authored book, A Christian Field Guide to Technology for Engineers and Designers. Among the topics we discuss:
– How we can place technology, engineering, and design in the wider Christian story
– How technology tends to make itself “invisible” and the implications of that?
– What it might look like to design a home thermostat with more than just temperature in mind
– How we can move towards a definition of “flourishing” the goal of good design
– A fascinating case study about the rise and fall of the electric vehicle in the late 1800s/early 1900s.
– How we can navigate between technological optimism and pessimism, and what every Christian engineering student should know.