On this special 25th episode of the podcast, we collaborated with the hosts of Hallway Conversations podcast to produce a joint episode! Our conversation centers on *my* new book, Interpreting Your World: Five Lenses for Engaging Theology and Culture. Among the topics we discuss:
- – What it means to become incisive interpreters, not just of Scripture, but also of culture.
- – What it means to discern cultural idolatries, starting with our own
- – How we can empower students to move beyond “reputation management” and “slacktivism” to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly.
- – What it might mean to take aesthetics seriously in schools, churches, and society.
- – How we can model “non-reductive curiosity” as we engage culture.
About Dave, Matt, and Abby at the Hallway Conversations podcast (https://hallwayconvos.podbean.com/):
“We are three friends who have been teaching for quite a while, but we still have lots of questions about education. This is our place for thinking out loud about topics we think are important for Christian educators to consider. We regularly have face-to-face hallway conversations, and this podcast is our way of inviting you in to our reflections on contemporary education.
Our deep hope is that you would find these conversations an opportunity for your own reflection–that you would be challenged and encouraged in your work as an educator, and that you might even chuckle along as we think on our feet and stumble through trying to answer each others questions about what it means to take our faith seriously as we consider our work as educators.
Feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.”
Follow Dr. Dave Mulder’s substack: https://drdave.substack.com/
Follow Dr. Matthew Beimers: https://twitter.com/beim_m
Follow Abby DeGroot: https://twitter.com/DeGrootAbby