On this episode of the podcast, we talk with Dan Stringer, a pastor and team leader for InterVarsity in Hawai’i. He is also the author of a new book, Struggling with Evangelicalism: Why I Want to Leave and What It Takes to Stay.
Together we discuss:
– How Dan’s background as a “third culture kid” who lived in five countries on three continents + being a part of 9 (!) different denominations gave him unique lenses to see evangelicalism’s strengths and weaknesses.
– How to define “evangelicalism,” and the difference it makes when approaching evangelicalism as “brand” vs. a “space”
– Four stages of struggling with evangelicalism: awareness, appreciation, repentance, and renewal
– What it means to make evangelical spaces “better than we found them.”
Order from IVP: https://ivpress.com/struggling-with-evangelicalism
Follow Dan on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RevDanStringer (@RevDanStringer)
- Enjoy this podcast and other In All Things podcasts on PodBean.